Spring Boot makes it easy to create stand-alone, production-grade Spring based Applications that you can “just run”.
We take an opinionated view of the Spring platform and third-party libraries so you can get started with minimum fuss. Most Spring Boot applications need minimal Spring configuration.
If you’re looking for information about a specific version, or instructions about how to upgrade from an earlier release, check out the project release notes section on our wiki.
- Create stand-alone Spring applications
- Embed Tomcat, Jetty or Undertow directly (no need to deploy WAR files)
- Provide opinionated ‘starter’ dependencies to simplify your build configuration
- Automatically configure Spring and 3rd party libraries whenever possible
- Provide production-ready features such as metrics, health checks, and externalized configuration
- Absolutely no code generation and no requirement for XML configuration